Software package preparation
- Make sure Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 is installed. It can be downloaded here: microsoft.com.
- Package download link will be delivered via e-mail during 24 hours.
- Download software package and extract it.
- Make sure that you have Plesk with IIS or WAMP environment installed with PHP 5.4, 5.5 or 5.6 and MySQL 5.6 or above versions.
- Set "short_open_tag" to "On" in php.ini.
- Let's say you would like to access installed software via domain and folder "track". Then "YOUR_DOMAIN/track" is full web address to installed software.
Web part installation
- Open phpMyAdmin from web server (IIS, WAMP, XAMP or others) and create new database.
- Set created database username and password.
- Select your database from list on the left and open "SQL" tab. You will see big text box.
- From software package open "database\db.sql" with text editor.
- Copy and paste everything to "SQL" tab text box and click "Go".
- If everything is correct it will create needed tables for your database.
- From software package open "track\config.php" with text editor and set important variables:
- $gsValues['PATH_ROOT'] = 'LOCAL_PATH_TO_ROOT';
- $gsValues['URL_ROOT'] = 'http://YOUR_DOMAIN/track';
- $gsValues['URL_GC'] = 'http://YOUR_DOMAIN/track/tools/gc/google.php';
- $gsValues['HW_KEY'] = 'YOUR_HARDWARE_KEY';
- $gsValues['DB_HOSTNAME'] = 'localhost';
- $gsValues['DB_PORT'] = '3306';
- $gsValues['DB_NAME'] = 'YOUR _DATABASE_NAME';
- $gsValues['DB_USERNAME'] = 'YOUR _DATABASE_USERNAME';
- $gsValues['DB_PASSWORD'] = 'YOUR _DATABASE_PASSWORD';
- Using file manager or FTP client create folder "track" on web server. It should be accessible like this "YOUR_DOMAIN/track".
- From software package upload "track" folder contents to created "track" folder on web server.
- Set CHMOD 777 for:
- Now you should be able to access web application using this link: "YOUR_DOMAIN/track"
- Login: admin
- Password: 123456
- After login to Control panel go to Manage server section, E-mail tab and configure e-mail, otherwise users will not be able to register.
Server EXE part installation
- From software package copy "gs" folder to "c:\gs".
- Run "c:\gs\GPS-server.exe".
- Check "Autostart server".
- Enable all needed protocols from the list. Just check checkboxes in "Enabled" column.
- Click "Save settings".
- Click "Start server". After that you may see firewall warnings, so you have firewall to allow these protocol ports to be open.
- If all protocols started successfully you can click "Stop server".
- Server - server domain where software is installed (set by license key).
- Hardware key - unique server key, used for some server services.
- Autostart server - once GPS-server.exe is started, TCP/IP and UDP listeners will start together.
- Print location messages to console - enable or disable location messages printing in console window.
- Write errors to log file - application will create log file in c:/gs/log with all recorded errors.
- Protocol console window - sets console window state on start: normal, minimized or maximized.
- Protocol restart interval (mins.) - restarts TCP/IP and UDP listeners after set period of time.
- Database upload threads - number of upload threads, which upload data independently at same time to database.
- Locations in one upload - number or locations uploaded by thread in one packed.
- Location filter - filters duplicate points during last minutes and eliminates some drifting when GPS device signal is low.
- Skip locations if time difference lower (sec) - skips location data if time period is lower between current and last location, prevents server flood.
- Skip locations if older (hours) - prevents too old location upload from GPS device buffer.
Do not forget to make backup
Once you get your GPS server running, do not forget to make backup of "c:\gs" folder contents. Also make regular backups of "YOUR_DOMAIN/track" and your GPS server MySQL database.