GPS device configuration
- While configuring GPS devices, use your PC, VPS or VDS server external IP address and port from protocols list in "GSP-Server.exe", depending from GPS device model.
- Make sure that ports used by "GSP-Server.exe" are not blocked by your LAN router or Firewall.
Run GPS-server.exe as Windows OS service
For production server it is highly recommended to run "GPS-server.exe" as Windows OS service, because in that case there is no need to login into Windows OS user account, it will run in background silently.
- With mouse right click open menu on "c:\gs\service\install_win32.bat" or "c:\gs\service\install_win64.bat" file and select "Run as administrator".
- Select "Path" to "c:\gs\GPS-server.exe". Startup directory should be "c:\gs".
- Click "Install service".
- Execute "services.msc" from "Run" tool under Windows OS Start menu.
- Find "GPS-server" and make sure "Startup type" is set as "Automatic".
- Restart your server and if everything was done right, "GPS-server.exe" should work as a service application.
- Service application runs wihout GUI, so it will be not possible to do any changes to "GPS-server.exe" settings.
- In case you want to change settings, stop "GPS-server" service via "services.msc" and open it as simple application from "c:\gs\GPS-server.exe".
Run GPS-server.exe as Windows OS application
It is recommend to run "GPS-server.exe" as Windows OS service, but if you still want to monitor what is happening in console, follow below steps:
- Make sure that "GPS-server" service is not running. Run "services.msc", and stop "GPS-server" service.
- After service is stopped, make sure that processes "protocolstcp.exe" and "protocolsudp.exe" are stopped.
- Now you are able to start "GPS-server.exe" as Windows OS application.
Change web application configuration
Most of changes can be done via "CPanel/Manage server", but some changes are still accessible only
via configuration files due to security reasons.
Follow configuration files comments to change server configuration:
Translate English language to other languages
- Open "YOUR_DOMAIN/track/lng", make "english" folder copy and rename copied folder to your language name.
- Open every file from copied folder in text editor and make translations.
- Login as administrator to CPanel and enable new language.
If you are going to use secure e-mail SMTP server (SSL)
Make sure that "extension=php_openssl.dll" is uncommented in php.ini.